Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer Vacation 2.5: MOPS Convention Dallas!

Last week I had the opportunity to spend four days in Dallas, TX at MOPS International Convention with 7 amazing women from Annapolis EP MOPS!

The weekend was filled with speakers, musical performances by Christy Nockles, Matthew West and Plumb, and good conversation with amazing women who love MOPS and the women we reach through this awesome ministry.  I left the conference refreshed and excited for the year ahead (first meeting is Sept 7th!)
  
Gaylord Texan Hotel
Our group (these women are seriously awesome!): Brenda, Lisa, Jenny, Colleen, Me, Julie, Francine, & Mary, wearing our pink "Annapolis, Maryland" t-shirts (thanks, Jenny, for the t-shirts and the awesome story behind them!)

Mens restrooms at the convention center, converted to accommodate all of the MOPS moms!

Matthew West performed on Friday night--truth be told, I didn't know who he was until he started singing.  As it turns out, I know most of his songs from the radio.  Great performance--and SO funny.  I am a fan :)

Julie and I at Mom Prom on Saturday night.
Another highlight of the weekend was spending Saturday morning on the Lazy River at the hotel water park, floating and taking with Julie & Jenny.  I don't have any pictures because I left my phone in the room, but the weather was gorgeous, we went early and had the whole river to ourselves for a while.  Perfection.

And where were the kids?  At home with super-daddy!

While Mommy was away, Daddy bought the kids new PJs.  Love these two!
Audrey Catherine
I say he is Super-Daddy because not only did he do a great job caring for the kids while I was gone, he also loaded up the car and drove them for 5 hours to Raleigh/Durham Airport to pick me up on Sunday night so we could head to Emerald Isle, NC for vacation--and on top of that, when we got home from vacation, the house was surprisingly clean :)  Thanks, hubby! 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Brian!! You are a super daddy! Audrey just keeps getting older...she looks like a big girl not a little toddler. Her hair looks longer too! Yay for the MOPS convention...so glad you could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower pot urinals? Best picture I'll see all day! :)

    ReplyDelete