Saturday, December 15, 2012

Food Allergies Rock!

 
In September, we traveled to Philadelphia to see Kyle Dine at the Strides for Safe Kids Food Allergy Expo. I cannot say enough good things about Kyle Dine. He is a rock star in so many ways. My nephew, Alex, has several food allergies (although, thankfully, the list has gotten much shorter over the last couple of years!) His food allergies impact his life daily and there are many more challenges to come as he gets older. Kyle is a Canadian song writer who entertains and educates about food allergies. He performs at school assemblies, but we have seen him at my sister's food allergy support group and two years in a row at this expo. It is so sweet to see how he encourages these kids. I just love him.

Kyle Dine :)
 
My nephew, Alex, rocking his Food Allergy Expo T-Shirt

Ethan & Alex getting their very own Kyle Dine guitar picks!


After the Expo, we had lunch at one of our favorite allergy-friendly restaurants.


My sweet girl...always sucks her thumb when she's tired.

Ethan & Audrey LOVE the egg drop soup at PF Chang's...I love that they eat all kinds of things I never would have eaten as a kid.
 
Before heading home, we visited my grandmother in Philadelphia--notice the billboard (I LOVE Revenge!)


Have I mentioned that we LOVE Kyle Dine?!? Audrey's favorite song is "Food Allergies Rock!" The kids always want Kyle Dine in the car and Audrey always insists we start with Food Allergies Rock. I'm pretty sure I've heard it at least a million times, but I don't mind because Kyle Dine rocks! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment